Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunny Grace For You

 
          Hello from the weather crazed North Carolina!  On Friday, we had a ½“of ice on top of sleet and snow, and since Friday, we’ve enjoyed temps in the 60s!  I’m thinking that the earth is in the birth pangs prior to the return of Jesus.  It certainly hasn’t been a normal NC winter, but signs of spring are everywhere!  When I saw the two March Diva Dare & Diva Inspirations Hop, I knew that I wanted to do a light, bright and cheery card with an uplifting scripture to inspire faith for all!

I will be using this card for entry into 3 challenges this month/week!  This is contest week over at MOJO Monday, so this is my submission for MOJO335 plus "Do The Polka", March Diva Dare and Spring Has Sprung Verve's March Diva Inspirations Hop.  One card = 3 entries!  Nice!

·       Stamp set(s):  Verve – Surely Goodness & Scripture Medley 2  

·       Ink(s):  Stampin’ Up! – Raspberry Ripple and Stampin’ Write Markers in Pear Pizazz, Pistachio Pudding, Primrose Petals, & Raspberry Ripple; Versamark – Watermark Stamp Pad

·       Paper:  Echo Park – Everyday Eclectic 6x6 pad; Stampin’ Up! – In Color 2012-2014 DSP (ret.) & Whisper White, Blushing Bride, & Pistachio Pudding CS & Vellum

·       Dies & Embossing folders:  Spellbinders – Classic Squared & Classic Scalloped Squares Large; A Cut Above Dies by Verve – Surely Goodness; Provocraft – Polka Dots EF

·       Embellishments/Other things of note:  Archiver’s – Shabby Pink EP; Stampin’ Up! – Jewels Basic Pearls Large   

My card is 4¼” by 5½” with a left side fold.  I embossed the flower and leaves with the Shabby Pink embossing powder (love the touches of gold) on vellum and colored in the flower with Stampin’ Write Markers – the flower in Primrose Petals and Raspberry Ripple and the leaves in the both greens.  The “For You” is a thank you single stamp that I got with my last order from Verve!  I took some liberties with the layout from MOJO335, but I think it works this way, too!  I did cut out a window in the large scalloped square and place the stamped sentiment behind it.  It is popped up off of the card base.

 Thanks for stopping by and hope you’ve enjoyed your visit.  Please feel free to leave me a comment!

Many Blessings,
Donna


2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! That vellum flower is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful embossing folder and gorgeous flower! Thanks for playing along with this month's Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts about my posts. I love hearing from you!